Wood pellet mill is the main equipment in manufacturing process for wood pellet plants, or hearts of complete wood pellet production line, the right use of a wood pellet mill affects wood pellet plants’ economic benefits directly, so how to use and maintain wood pellet mills properly is a big task of wood pellet plants for improving the production efficiency.
Proper use and maintenance for pellet mills will reduce hidden danger of having faults, lengthen the service life, decrease maintaining expenses and increase benefits for enterprises. Here we will give a right guidance of wood pellet mill utilization and maintenance.
How to Use and Maintain Wood Pellet Mill Properly?
1. Add oil to the transmission parts at regular time. All the transmission part should be lubricated in a fixed time to ensure a long service time.
2. Change the lubricating oil of gearbox at regular time to lengthen the useful life.
3. Monthly inspection of the pellet machine spare parts is also required which includes roller, die, gear and bearings. If you find something wrong with those parts, you should replace them instantly. You should also check if some connected parts are loose.
4. Prohibit overload production. Overloading can cause great damage to both the reduction gear and motor, so it must be avoided. Once happens, you should repair or change the broken parts in time.
5. After utilizing the pellet machine, you should take out the roller and wash it very carefully, then put it back after cleaning and get ready for the next use. If the pellet machine is not regularly used, you should make sure the pellet mill is well-preserved: clean the pellet machine, coat the surface with antirust oil, and then cover it with tarpaulin. Besides, the pellet machine needs to be placed in a clean and dry atmosphere. The acid as well as other mordant air should be avoided.
6. Please carefully read the operation instructions before starting the wood pellet mill, and follow the professional technicians reasonable guidance. Once the malfunction happens, you should immediately shut down for inspection and maintenance.
The above information is some suggestions for the utilization and upkeep of the wood pellet machine. With proper use and reasonable maintenance, the wood pellet mill can bring about significant economic benefits to enterprises and also have a longer service life. We sincerely hope that it is helpful for your practical operation and maintenance of your pellet mill.